Welcome! I'm Shauna Young, OTR/L
From an early age, I knew I wanted to be involved in the healing and rehabilitation process, as a health care provider.
After graduating from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor’s of Science in Education, I received a Master’s of Health Science in Occupational Therapy from the Medical College of Georgia (Georgia Health Sciences University.)
I have been fortunate to work as an OT for hospitals ranked as top 10 for U.S. Rehab hospitals.
At Craig Hospital:
- Traumatic Brain Injury inpatient and outpatient rehab teams.
- Collaborating regularly with community reintegration and Vocational Rehab specialists, and driving evaluators
- Vision clinic leader- receiving mentorship in neuro-vision rehab, while working alongside a neuro-optometrist.
At University of Colorado Hospital:
- Senior Therapist on the acute rehab unit
- Treating clients with complex medical conditions, multi-trauma injuries and neurological conditions/injuries
- Fieldwork Educator of the Year 2015- Creighton University
I have taken many neurological continuing education courses, addressing vision, cognition, and upper extremity rehabilitation. Some accomplishments include:
- Earned Board certification in Physical Rehabilitation in 2015
- Certification in Neurologic Occupational Therapy: Upper Extremity Motor Rehabilitation in 2021
- Saebo trained/certified therapist
My family and I moved back to North Carolina, to be closer to family and, now with 16 years experience, I formed Mountain Therapy Services LLC in order to serve clients with flexibility, creativity, and 1:1 personal care. I hope to have the opportunity to work with you on your rehabilitation goals so that you can return to doing the activities that bring you joy and success!
I am available for
1:1 Occupational Therapy
Provided in home
Consulting and Education
Mentees looking for additional support with stroke and brain injury rehab
I love collaborating with other professionals,
being involved in Support Groups,
and participating in stroke and brain injury professional events